Pages

Monday, August 2, 2010

Another Monday, Another cover

Based upon Availability: A Novel

Currently reading The Recipe Club by Andrea Israel & Nancy Garfinkel and Todos Santos by Deborah Clearman. I'm enjoying both. I also started reading Based Upon Availability by Alix Strauss. I had the pleasure of meeting Alix Strauss at BookExpo America. I have to be honest, I saw so many people that day it was hard for me to remember her face. But I did remember her book. Part of the marketing campaign for the book, was using a postcard in the shape of a 'Do Not Disturb' sign. I 100% remembered the sign. The book revolves around the lives of guest and employees in the Four Seasons hotel. I'll admit I'm a little nosy when I see people arguing in a hotel. I want to know how that conversation finished, but I don't want to look too interested!! I find the cover of this book to be a little on the mysterious side. You can't see inside the windows. You don't know who or what is going on inside of the hotel. Are people arguing? Are they just starting their lives together? The only way to find out is to read the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment