Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

More covers to peruse

The Life You've Imagined: A NovelBlindsided


Yes I've added two books to my reading pile. I went from reading three books at once to four. I'm still reading Defending the Enemy by Elaine B. Fischel and The Tourist Trail by John Yunker. Why increase my reading? I've started taking notes while reading. I was against it for the longest because it would feel like homework. But I realize the notes are helping me remember themes and key points better.

On to the business at hand. The Life You've Imagined by Kristina Riggle isn't out until next month, but thanks to HarperCollins I have a copy. The title intrigued me first. It made me think, am I living the life I've imagined? Not yet. The characters in the book don't seem to either. I'm 100 pages in, and it's possible they will get there by the end. The three women could be on their way to the life they've imagined. From the looks of it, they're walking to some place sunny and happy. Maybe they're on a path to a better life.

Blindsided by Priscilla Cummings is my first foray into the Young Adult world. So far so good. When I saw it at Borders, the cover attracted me right away. The young girl on the cover is losing her sight. She looks like she can still see something, but her vision is fading fast. Hopefully this is the start of love affair with YA novels

P.S.: Look what came in my mailbox last week!! A Curable Romantic by Joseph Skibell is set for release next month. The lovely people at Algonquin Books sent me a copy. I didn't even know I was on the list!! It was a nice surprise after a long workout!!

A Curable Romantic

No comments:

Post a Comment