Thursday, September 9, 2010

Brooklyn Book Festival here I come!!

Brooklyn Book Festival

I find out about this gem by accident. Jennifer Belle, Lauren Oliver, Jennifer Egan, Bernice L. McFadden, and Jess Walter are just of a few of the authors expected. There are so many talks and booths, I'm not sure where to go first. I think it's going to be just like BookExpo America, except outside. Of course I will write a full recap! Just one problem, there's RAIN in the forecast for Sunday!!! "Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers. Highs in the upper 70s," to be exact. Nooooooooooooooooooo!! I took the day off for it. I've been looking forward to it. Perhaps, if  I stay positive it won't rain! "No rain please! No rain please! No rain please!" Hopefully, that does the trick!

3 comments:

  1. Staying positive would mean thinking about what you want (blue skies) -- not what you don't want. So, just repeat, "Blue skies please!" three times; and you'll be good to go. We're so used to rain here in Houston, it hardly ever stops us. I just hope the vendors are prepared -- just in case. Have a great weekend. And I'll keep an eye out for your recap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this sounds like fun. I wish I knew my way around Brooklyn better! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna: Blue skies please! Blue skies please!

    Trina: I don't know my way around Brooklyn either. I'm going to trust my GPS to get me there!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...