Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

Hop, Hop, Hop !!!

Book Blogger Hop

Girl, Stolen (Christy Ottaviano Books)Every week Jennifer at Crazy-for-Books (http://www.crazy-for-books.com/) hosts a blog hop. Put your link in, post a comment and you can discover a lot of great blogs. The Hop lasts Friday-Monday every week. This week's question/task: Tell us about one of your posts from this week and give us a link so we can read it (review or otherwise). My most recent post was a review of Girl Stolen by April Henry. It's a light read, so I highly recommend it. Here is the link: http://asiturnthepages.blogspot.com/2011/02/my-take-on-girl-stolen.html

Here are some blogs I came across:

Note: I'm looking for takers for my What's Up Tweeps?! feature. Here is February's question: James Frey is fleecing budding writers. Frey has created a publishing company, where students co-write novels with him for as little as $500, $250 or in some cases nothing. The bulk of the work is done by the students. Frey has "some" input. This is done on the premise that book will eventually become a bestseller, and then they reap the benefits. They've already achieved that with one book, "I am Number Four." Is Frey merely trying to help or is he robbing impressionable college students blind? Email responses to bookangel224@gmail.com Entries are open until Feb. 18. Happy reading everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, I didn't realise that about I Am Number 4, and I nearly bought a copy the other day... Maybe I still will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frey's intentions just don't seem genuine to me. He's getting impressionable students, who are trying to get their foot in the door, do work for him. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just hopping by & new follower. Great review. I've been meaning to read Girl, Stolen. It sounds like a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the follow Cheree. Girl Stolen is the type of book you could read in a day, but I'm such a slow reader!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Post Is:

    This week I reviewed a work of suspense fiction that is such a wide departure from the thriller genre that I feel everyone – fans and foes of the genre alike – really should investigate.

    Hop on over to my blog and see for yourself – http://www.howardsherman.net

    Howard A. Sherman, Implementor
    Get Inside a Story
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my, that's an intriguing feature about James Frey....It sounds to me like he's using the students.

    I'm not a fan of his, though, so that probably affects my reaction...LOL

    I'm hopping by via the Blogger Hop...here's my BLOGGER HOP

    ReplyDelete