Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

What's on the cover?

Fallen Grace

It's Monday, and it's time to talk about the covers of the books I'm reading. A couple of days ago, I started Fallen Grace by Mary Hooper. My first thought when I saw that cover was why can't we see her face? After a couple of chapters I realize why. Grace is an unwed teenager, who has just given birth to a stillborn baby. In her London community she is considered a "fallen" woman. Because of this I guess her face isn't worthy of showing. So far, I'm sure Grace is hiding a dark secret. Can't wait to find out.


Home to Woefield: A Novel

Ever dreamed of leaving the grind of the city and moving to a farm? Maybe you have, maybe you haven't. The main character in Home to Woefield by Susan Juby gets her wish and inherits a farm. She looks pretty happy feeding chickens on her farm. This title comes out in March, and I hope to have review up in the next 10 days or so. Stay tuned!!!


Note: I'm looking for takers for my What's Up Tweeps?! feature. Here is February's question: James Frey is fleecing budding writers. Frey has created a publishing company, where students co-write novels with him for as little as $500, $250 or in some cases nothing. The bulk of the work is done by the students. Frey has "some" input. This is done on the premise that book will eventually become a bestseller, and then they reap the benefits. They've already achieved that with one book, "I am Number Four." Is Frey merely trying to help or is he robbing impressionable college students blind? Email responses to bookangel224@gmail.com.  Entries are open until Feb. 18. Happy reading everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment