Pages

Friday, May 13, 2011

Blog Q&A with Jamie Lynn Braziel

Here are a few questions I had for Jamie Lynn Braziel author of Declaring Spinsterhood

Q: Old Hollywood movies, Keith Urban, and Nancy Drew play big roles in the book. Are you a big fan of all three?   I am a huge fan of all three!  I could not live without the Turner Classics Movie channel thanks to my mother's influence.  We tend to spend a lot of Sunday afternoons together watching our favorites or be introduced to new ones.  Keith Urban was one of the first singers I ever saw in concert.  His acoustic guitar skills really amaze me, and his lyrics are just beautiful and capture so many great emotions and moments in life.

Q: Is there any of Emma in you? Ever thought about "Declaring Spinsterhood" yourself?   Emma and I are very different.  She's much more adventurous and empathetic. I wish I were more like her especially when it comes to flirting with men.  I tend to clam up around someone I really like and think of all the witty things I could have said many hours later.

The idea of declaring spinsterhood has been very enticing at times, but ultimately, I still believe in love, marriage, and having children as some of the greatest gifts in life.

Q: What's next for you? Would you ever consider continuing Emma's story? Or was this enough?   I just completed a Master's of Science degree in accounting, so I'll definitely keep working in that area.  However, I also intend to continue writing.  The publication of my novel has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my life.  Right now, I don't see a continuation of Emma's story in my future.  I think the novel ended exactly where it should have. However, I never say never.

Q: In three words how would you describe your book?   Lighthearted, romantic comedy!

No comments:

Post a Comment