Pages

Friday, May 20, 2011

Just a few more days and the fun begins!!!


This week I finally sat down and made a schedule for BookExpo America and Book Blogger Convention.

Lets start with Tuesday:
I'm fortunate to live in New York. All I have to do is hop on the train. For those of you coming from out of town, I don't know how you do it. Living here is expensive enough!

I work at night and will be coming off of a night shift, but I still plan to get to the Javits Center at 9am. My first stop will be a book signing by Kristan Higgins. I read her latest book, and can't wait to read her next. I'm torn between getting a ticket for Temple Grandin's signing and going to the Online Book Discovery talk at 10. They start at the same time!! It's a tough choice. I'm hoping I can get off the line in time for the discussion. Then I'll slide over to the Uptown Stage for a take on Russian literature. I haven't read any in the past, so there is a first time for everything.

Next up autograph signings by LA Weatherly, Sarah Weeks, and maybe Ice-T. Yes Ice-T. His signing is also ticketed. Then cap the day off with the Young Adult Editors panel at 2pm. Of course I'll be walking the aisles of the center all day.

Wednesday:
Lauren Oliver is signing books at from 9:30-10:30 am!!! I loved Before I Fall, and will be making a beeline for her signing. Maureen Johnson will be signing books at noon. One panel I don't want to miss is, "The Report of My Death was Exaggerated: The Printed Book." I'm still against E-readers. I just like the printed book.

Heart of Deception: A Novel

If you're in the mood for a little historical fiction. M.L. Malcolm will be signing copies of Heart of Deception at Table 6 from 3:00-3:30 in the main autographing area. She will also be at the Book Bloggers Convention cocktail reception on Thursday, from 3:00pm – 5:00 pm, in Javits Center, Hall E– Room 1E12, and at the “Speed Dating” event at BBC on Friday.

The Audiobook and Author Tea is also on my list. I've never listened to an audiobook, so it will be nice to get a different perspective. Then at the end of the day it's off to the Harper Perennial party.

Thursday:
Meeting Ellen Hopkins and Kody Keplinger are at the top of my list. Jane Lynch and Jane Fonda are also scheduled to speak on one of the Insight stages. I have no idea what they will say, but I can't pass up the opportunity.

Friday:
The Book Blogger Convention begins!! Registration/breakfast START at 7:15. I'm so not a morning person, but I'm going to have to be this week. At the end of the day, it's off to the party at Planned Television Arts. Whew!!

I know I'll be tired by the end of the week, but for good reasons. If you're going, keep your eye out for me!

1 comment:

  1. Letters are crucial documents for job seekers. No resume should go out without an accompanying cover letter. And that letter is your first introduction to that employer.

    ReplyDelete