Pages

Monday, May 30, 2011

What's on the cover: post-BEA edition

Friday marked my last day trekking back and forth to Manhattan for BookExpo America and the Book Blogger Convention. I'll admit to being a little behind and tired. Walking the Javits Convention center for three straight days is murder on the shins. This week I'm going to get back on track. A review of Skinny by Diana Spechler will be posted on June 2.

I'm sorry, but I had to punt on The Devil's Star by Jo Nesbo. I will be coming back to that title in late July or early August. I have some review books that have a set date that I need to get to.

Now onto the business at hand. If you're new to my blog, every Monday (knock wood!) I discuss the covers of the books I'm reading or going to be reading.

Silver Sparrow

Thanks to Algonquin for providing me with a copy of Silver Sparrow by Tayari Jones. Set in 1980s Atlanta, a young girl discovers her father is a bigamist. Hmmm?!?! I don't get bigamist from that cover. Those two feathers make me think there is a much softer story inside those pages. Stay tuned!


Your Voice in My Head: A Memoir

It's been awhile since I've read a memoir. Thanks to Other Press for providing a copy of Your Voice in My Head by Emma Forrest. The cover is beautiful. From top to bottom it looks like the colors of the rainbow. It could be the shades of color represent Emma Forrest's moods through time.

1 comment:

  1. Review the goal statement instructions for each of your potential graduate schools. Pay careful attention to the specific questions asked by different schools.

    ReplyDelete