Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

It's Monday, What's on the Cover?


It's Monday, and it's time to discuss the covers of books I'm reading. It's been a while since I've done one. I'm trying to read at a faster clip, so I won't always have time to take a look at the covers. But, I have the time today. The Underside of Joy by Sere Prince Halverson has a rather simple cover, but the story is anything but simple. A woman has just lost her husband and could potentially lose her step-children to their biological mother. They've only known one mother, and it's their step-mother. The cover is so simple, I wonder why it was used. It's a beautiful watercolor picture of a flower. But what's that got to do with the story? I'm not far enough into the story to see how the two go together. But come back on Feb. 20 when a review and possibly a guest post will go up.


With Defending Jacob by William Landay we get another look at a deep family drama. A father and small-town prosecutor does all he can to prove his son's innocence after he is accused of murder. The cover is a snapshot of small town, but with a dark cloud hanging over it. This one appealed to me because I'm always interested in the depths a parent will go to protect their child. I'm wondering if this a case of a town rushing to judgment. Snap up the first person without actual proof. At least that's where I think the book will go. A review will be posted on Feb. 22. Happy reading!!

1 comment:

  1. Nowadays we can easily improve our English writing with an advanced Grammar Sentence Structure Checker. English writing is a process that involves with several steps: pre-writing, drafting, revising, and editing. 

    ReplyDelete