Sunday, April 6, 2014

BookExpo America: I will miss you this year!



I have come to a decision. As much as I want to, I can't go to BookExpo America this year. In previous years past BEA has been a great experience for me.





For the past four years, the coming of spring meant I would get to meet interesting people, sit in on interesting panels, and get A LOT of great books.

But a lot of things have changed for me in the past four years. I was laid off at the end of 2011, leaving me to wonder what the next chapter would be for me. I have always been a big time bookworm, so I decided to go back to school. Getting accepted into a Masters program for book publishing was a big triumph for me. If I didn't get into grad school, I didn't have a backup plan. Fortunately, I did not need one. Career-wise, things have finally started to turn around for me. After three internships, the last one has turned into a full-time position. Can you imagine how I felt after hearing I had been hired?


A new job, also comes with new choices. I really, really, really, want to go to BEA, but it's too early for me to be taking time off. I have a lot to learn about my new position. So......maybe next year BEA. (update: Aisha I see your comment!! Thank you! I guess with all the extra stuff in this post, it's hard for me to comment in the section below!) 

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new job. You can still get a few of the books on edelweiss and netgalkey, and armchair BEA Spyglass be good too. Just think next year you might be at the expo to rep your company

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...